Tuesday, March 07, 2006

MPH for FMGs

USMLE & FMG INFORMATION POOL

Doing MPH is a very popular option amongst FMGs and I also fell for it. I will share my experience with you. One of the eleven interviews I attended liked my MPH, none other paid any attention to it. All were concerned whether I will be available on time for Residency! It is a very expensive course, and getting on campus job is one option to cut the cost, but I will highly recommend getting exact availability before committing. As lot of Universities are not offering assistance to MPH students. Also if visa is the point of doing MPH then doing masters in nutrition, PhD etc might be better options. The course is very intense and involves lot of work, not forgetting the mathematical skills needed in Statistics. (It's not easy!!!).

Check out for accreditation as asph.org and ceph.org.

I will recommend getting USCE especially "hands on experience" as amore valuable asset to your CV towards residency.

Feel free to throw in any questions. All the best.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But how do I get USCE ? I mean can you tell the site or places to look?
I am an IMG just like you and on H4 visa

Wed Mar 08, 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger img said...

USCE is very important, I can suggest a few places for Observership/Mini Internship-
East Coast-Columbia, Yale NH, U Conn, MSSM-NY, UMDNJ Camden, Miami-MSSM, Michigan-Harbor hospital(not sure of this one), some are free- some charge for iunsurance.
All the best and thanks for blogging.

Wed Mar 08, 10:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks

Thu Mar 09, 02:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home